Whether you are trying to detox, consume more vegetables or just eat an all around healthier diet, this filling Chopped Kale Salad is for you! Loaded with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, fiber and even some protein and covered in a tangy mustard vinaigrette, this is no wimpy salad!
“Healthy eating” means something different to everybody. Generally speaking though, most people will agree that consuming more vegetables is a good thing.
And probably something we could all do a little better.
Some will enjoy it, some will not. The difference usually lies in how satisfied you feel.
Variety is the spice of life, so don’t commit yourself to a lifetime of iceberg lettuce and celery sticks. Eat the rainbow, including a wide variety of different fruits and vegetables and eat a variety of textures as well. Sometimes texture is even more important than flavor! This Chopped Kale Salad delivers on EVERY level!
Not only is this kale salad beautiful, but it’s crunchy (cabbage, seeds), crisp (peppers, cucumbers), creamy (avocado), tangy (mustard vinaigrette), and sweet (cherry tomatoes, touch of maple syrup).
Full of fiber, protein, vitamins and minerals, this is no bird food!
Whether you devour this chopped salad as your main meal or enjoy it as a starter or side, your body will surely thank you. No more food comas when you eat good for you energizing fare. Plants are where it’s at!
One of the great things about kale, besides it’s nutritional content, is that it’s so hearty. You can make a big batch of this salad, pour the dressing over it and keep it in the fridge for several days without it wilting.
And that means easy, healthy grub at your fingertips every day. No excuses!
More vegan kale recipes
- Massaged Kale Quinoa Salad
- Lacinato Kale Superfood Salad
- Pasta with White Beans and Kale
- BBQ Kidney Bean Kale Burger
- Pumpkin and Kale Stuffed Shells
- Green Blender Juice
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do! If you tried it, please use the rating system in the recipe card and leave a comment below with your feedback.
Be sure to sign up for my FREE Newsletter to be the first to get my NEW recipes! You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest.
For even more easy family recipes, be sure to check out my cookbook, The Meatless Monday Family Cookbook!
Loaded Veggie Chopped Kale Salad w/ Tangy Mustard Vinaigrette
Chopped Kale Salad
- 4-5 cups chopped kale
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup chopped red cabbage
- ½ of a large English cucumber chopped
- 1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons raw shelled pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons raw shelled sunflower seeds
- 1 avocado chopped
Tangy Mustard Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- salt/pepper to taste
- Whisk all vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl
- Pour dressing over salad and toss well to combine.
- For best flavor and texture, let this salad sit for 20 to 30 minutes before serving.
- Toss again right before serving.
Nutrition values are calculated using online calculators and are estimates only. Please verify using your own data.
Danielle Omar -- Food Confidence RD says
Everything I love on one gorgeous plate! Love this!
Jenn S. says
Thank you, Danielle!
The Vegan 8 says
This is just beautiful! Absolutely love all the colors and freshness! That dressing sounds drinkable too, haha!
Jenn S. says
Thank you, Brandi! And, yes, totally drinkable!! 🙂
GiGi Eats Celebrities says
Avocado + Kale + Bell Peppers = Meet MY MOUTH 😉
Jenn S. says
HaHa! I agree!! Thanks,GiGi!
Ha, you’re not kidding that’s not a wimpy salad! I feel healthier just reading about it and looking at your delicious pics! I’m excited to try your oil-free vinaigrette, yum!!
Jenn S. says
Thank you, Gin! Please let me know if you try it!