Just want to let you know that this post is sponsored by my friends at Bom Bom. I only recommend products that I use and love myself. All opinions are my own.
Rich, creamy, chocolatey, and a with a little kick to get you through the holiday season, this Spiked Hot Cocoa is sipping perfection! Load it up with dairy free whipped topping and dark chocolate shavings for an indulgent treat.
It’s already been snowing quite a bit. It’s cold. And the holiday season is upon us.
That means alllll the cozy drinks are happening over here.
I love to cozy up on the couch with my family, blankets, and big mugs of hot chocolate, and just stare at our beautiful Christmas trees. Their dazzling white lights and ornaments that hold memories of nearly every phase of our lives never disappoint.
This year, though, I’ve been non-stop busy working on my upcoming first cookbook. (It will be out early 2020…stay tuned! Follow along in my Instagram stories for some sneak peeks!) It’s been super stressful and I haven’t had much time to sit and relax.
Bom Bom Almondmilk Liqueur to the rescue! It’s just what I need to give my Homemade Hot Cocoa with Cinnamon a nice little boost to help me calm down a bit. Plus, it’s so delicious! I’ve been sipping it almost daily in the evening while I catch up on social media and other blog related duties.
Bom Bom says they’re the “Ben & Jerry’s of alcohol.” They have 3 gluten-free flavors, 2 of which are dairy-free and vegan!
These creamy Premium Rum Liqueurs have won awards and I can tell you why – they’re so yummy! Smooth enough to drink on their own or over ice, but especially spectacular in creative and festive cocktails and cool coffee creations.
Their newest flavor, Fully Baked, was inspired by Ben & Jerry’s Half Baked Ice Cream. It blends Caribbean rum with hemp seed milk and natural brownie and cookie flavors. If you’re nut-free, this is a great choice for you!
Bom Bom Nilli Vanilli
I used Bom Bom’s Nilli Vanilli flavor in my Homemade Spiked Hot Cocoa.
Nilli Vanilli is a blend of Caribbean rum and almondmilk with natural cookie flavors. It blends perfectly with my hot cocoa and enhances the flavors and aromas for a delightfully indulgent sip.
This light and creamy liqueur, which contains no actual cream at all, was rated the Best Cream Liqueur by the International Review of Spirits in 2017. Dairy-free products are making their mark!
Easy Homemade Hot Cocoa
Cozying up to a warm mug of dairy free spiked hot cocoa is easier than you think.
It takes less than 10 minutes and all you need is a sauce pot and a whisk…oh, and your favorite mug, of course. I think the wider the mug, the better. You can add more toppings that way!
I like to pour a shot of the Nilli Vanilli into the bottom of the mug and then pour in the steamy hot cocoa. Everything blends beautifully this way without even having to stir. Perfection.
More Dairy Free Seasonal Drinks to Love:
Spiked Hot Cocoa
I hope you love this Spiked Hot Cocoa with Cinnamon as much as I do. If you try it, please come back and leave me a comment with your feedback and star rating.
You can also find me on social media. Be sure to tag @veggie_inspired and #veggieinspired so I’m sure to see it.
Spiked Hot Cocoa w/ Cinnamon
- 4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½-1 tsp ground cinnamon* (plus extra for garnish)
- pinch of salt (about ⅛th of a tsp)
- 2-3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp pure vanilla exract
- 1 can (13.5 ounces) lite coconut milk
- 3-4 oz Bom Bom Nilli Vanilli Almondmilk Liqueur
- Dairy-free whipped cream (for garnish)
- Dark Chocolate Shavings (for garnish)
- Add the cocoa powder, cinnamon, salt, maple syrup, and vanilla to a sauce pot over medium heat. Slowly pour in about ¼ cup of the coconut milk while whisking continuously until the mixture is smooth. Pour in the remaining milk and simmer for about 5 minutes, whisking occasionally until thick and bubbly.
- To serve: Pour 1 ½ to 2 ounces of Bom Bom Nilli Vanilla Almondmilk Liqueur into the bottom of a mug. Repeat with a second mug. Pour half of the hot cocoa into each of the mugs. Top off with dairy free whipped cream, dark chocolate shavings, and a sprinkle of cinnamon.