Apple Pie Bars – Soft, chewy bars that taste just like apple pie. Gluten free and sugar free! The perfect anytime treats!
These Apple Pie Bars are everything! They turned out even better than I ever imagined.
Soft, moist, chewy, sweet, and full of delicious spices and flavors. We ate a whole batch in less than 24 hours. The kids couldn’t get enough…and neither could I.
Breakfast, snack, dessert, and packed into lunch boxes – these sweet SUGAR FREE treats are sure to be one of your favorites too!
These delicious apple pie bars are super easy to make. Just a few simple ingredients are needed and they come together quickly in a food processor.
Walnuts, oats, apples, dates, cinnamon, and ginger. That’s it. That’s all you need.
A few minutes in the oven makes them hold together perfectly and creates such a amazing soft texture – almost like a cross between pie, cake, and baked oatmeal. Trust me, you’ve got to try it for yourself!
Apple Pie Oatmeal Bars
These fall spiced gluten free apple bars are similar to Larabars, but these are baked, contain oats, and are less dense.
I love Larabars, but I definitely prefer the texture of these bars!
The addition of the oats also gives them more staying power making them a great breakfast choice in addition to being a healthy snack anytime of day.
Healthy and Good For You
Grab a bar and enjoy the benefits of vitamin E, vitamin K, calcium, iron, zinc, folate, fiber, healthy fats, anti-oxidants, anti-inflammatory properties, and more!
And remember, these yummy bars are dairy free, gluten free, oil free, and sugar free! Healthy can taste good!
Sugar Free Apple Pie Bars Recipe
I hope you love these Apple Pie Bars as much as we do. If you try them, please come back and leave me a comment below with your feedback and star rating.
You can also find me on social media. Be sure to tag @veggie_inspired and #veggieinspired so I’m sure to see it.
Sugar Free Apple Pie Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper - let the ends hang over the dish so you can use them as handles later to easily pull the bars out of the pan. Set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse the dates, walnuts, cinnamon, ginger, and 1 cup of oats just until a pasty dough is formed. The mixture should be sticky, but don't over process.
- Add in the remaining 1 cup of oats* and the apples and pulse a few times just to mix. You do NOT want to overmix. If the oats and apples don't incorporate easily and quickly, turn the dough out into a mixing bowl and mix everything in with a wooden spoon or spatula just until incorporated.
- Slightly dampen your hands so the batter doesn't stick and press the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the edges start to get just a bit crispy.
- Let cool in the pan on a cooling rack before removing the whole square of bars from the pan. Cut into bars. Store any leftovers in the fridge.**
More Gluten Free Snacks To Enjoy: