Pumpkin Fudge Brownies – super moist, fudgy, gluten free brownies with the perfect balance of chocolate and pumpkin.
Pumpkin is such a versatile ingredient and can be used in sweet and savory recipes. I get so excited at the first signs of fall and start putting pumpkin in everything.
If you follow along on Facebook, then you’ve been witness to all the amazing pumpkin recipes I’ve been sharing lately. You might say I’m obsessed with this orange squash.
I may be obsessed with pumpkin everything, but my kids are obsessed with these Pumpkin Fudge Brownies!
After the roaring success of my Cinnamon Chickpea Blondies, I went back to this magical bean to create these Pumpkin Fudge Brownies.
These are not dense cake brownies. They are super moist, soft and fudgy.
I could have use black beans, like in my Black Bean Mocha Brownies, and that would work too, but I think the chickpeas hold up just a tad better.
I’ve tried several pumpkin brownie recipes in the past. Some of them are so chocolatey that the pumpkin gets lost. And some of them are so heavy on pumpkin pie spice that the chocolate flavor is missed. I think these Pumpkin Fudge Brownies have the perfect balance of both.
There is a small amount of cocoa powder in the batter, but the pumpkin flavors are prominent in the brownie itself. I then added a thin chocolate layer to the top. When you take a bite, you taste the chocolate first, but then the pumpkin really comes through. I really like how you taste them separately, but then together.
You guys, my kids haven’t been this excited about a recipe since the Strawberry Lemonade Ice Cream Cake I made this summer.
I’ve made two batches already and they are already begging for a third. I can’t blame them, I can’t stop eating them either!
I promise you’ll be wanting to go back for a second helping too.
Pumpkin Fudge Brownies
I hope you guys love this Pumpkin Fudge Brownie recipe as much as we do! If you try them, please leave me a comment below with your feedback and star rating.
And show me those remakes on social media by tagging @veggie_inspired and #veggieinspired!
Pumpkin Fudge Brownies (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas , (or 1 15 oz can, rinsed and drained*)
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin purée
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup gluten free oat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper, letting the edges of paper overhang the sides. Set the baking dish aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add all of the ingredients except for the chocolate chips. Process until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared baking dish and smooth out the surface.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes until the top is set.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top of the brownies and bake another 2-3 minutes until the chocolate chips are soft.
- Using an offset spatula, spread the chocolate chips into a smooth even layer.
- Let the brownies sit in the pan until completely cool. The longer, the better. At least 30 minutes to an hour. Carefully pull the brownies out of the pan by the parchment paper "handles". Cut into squares or desired shapes. (I made these at night, covered them with aluminum foil and then cut them in the morning.)
More Pumpkin Deliciousness: