Healthy whole grain oats and crunchy almonds come together to create a delicious chewy snack bar! Coat these Triple Almond Oat Bars in a layer of chocolate for an even more indulgent treat!
I am an almond lover. Raw almonds, roasted almonds, almond butter, almond extract, almond milk. Yum!
I often swap out vanilla extract for almond extract in cookie and cake recipes.
Today I’m bringing an almond triple threat with almond butter, almond extract, and almond milk. And if you count the optional slivered almonds on top, that’s four kind of almond deliciousness in one little bar.
These Triple Almond Oat Bars make great snacks. Or even breakfast – because a little chocolate for breakfast never hurt anyone…
Almonds are technically not nuts at all. They are the seeds of fruits that grow on almond trees.
Similar to peaches and apricots, the fruits of the almond tree have pits. Inside those pits are seeds and that’s the almond that we eat.
Unlike, peaches and many other stone fruits, we don’t eat the fruit from almond trees.
Although, almonds aren’t technically nuts, they are classified as tree nuts to which many people have allergies. So, if you have an allergy to tree nuts, almonds are definitely not for you.
Almonds are very good for you and have a lots of health benefits. They are high in healthy fats, vitamin E, magnesium, potassium, calcium, protein, and lots of antioxidants. They are one of the lowest calorie nuts.
My kids love these little bars with or without the chocolate.
If I leave off the chocolate, I like to make them in a smaller pan – a loaf pan works great – so they are a bit thicker.
I cut them into long rectangular bars and they’re just like granola bars. Perfectly acceptable for breakfast or lunchbox treats and great for on-the-go.
Adding the optional (and highly recommended) chocolate topping takes them right into dessert category.
More vegan snack and dessert bars
- Sugar Free Apple Pie Bars
- Chocolate Peppermint Rice Crispy Bars
- Vegan Toffee Bars
- Vegan Granola Bars
- Ancient Grains Breakfast Bars
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do! If you tried it, please use the rating system in the recipe card and leave a comment below with your feedback.
Be sure to sign up for my FREE Newsletter to be the first to get my NEW recipes! You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest.
For even more easy family recipes, be sure to check out my cookbook, The Meatless Monday Family Cookbook!
Triple Almond Oat Bars
- 1 ½ cups old fashioned oats divided (use certified gluten free oats to keep this recipe gluten free)
- ½ cup crispy brown rice cereal or another ½ cup oats
- ¼ cup raw almond butter (I like Trader Joe’s brand because it’s quite runny)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
Melted Chocolate Topping, optional
- 1 cup dark or semi-sweet vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- sprinkle of slivered almonds
- In a food processor or coffee grinder, pulse ½ cup oats until flour-like consistency.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine almond butter, maple syrup, almond extract, cinnamon, and salt.
- Stir in oats, oat flour, and crispy brown rice cereal until mixture is moistened consistently throughout.
- Press mixture into an 8×8 baking dish and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine chocolate chips and almond milk over low heat until melted.
- Pour chocolate mixture immediately over oat mixture in the baking dish and spread evenly. Sprinkle slivered almonds over the top of the warm chocolate.
- Freeze for 1 to 2 hours until chocolate is set.
- Cut into bars and enjoy!
Nutrition values are calculated using online calculators and are estimates only. Please verify using your own data.