This Roasted Cauliflower Salad features cauliflower tossed with turmeric & curry powder, roasted until tender and golden, and then tossed with protein-packed lentils and sweet, juicy grapes. It’s flavor and texture dynamite!
Not only do I love love love cauliflower, but two of the most popular recipes on this blog are cauliflower recipes – my Crispy Baked Cauliflower Tacos and my Buffalo Cauliflower Bites! Clearly, you guys love cauliflower too.
I hope you love this new Roasted Cauliflower Salad as much as I do! It has some of my favorite flavors and textures and it’s perfect as a side or even as a light entree.
Roasting vegetables brings out their flavors and their sweetness. Veggies that you don’t like raw, you might find you like roasted. The slightly charred edges and tender insides – so good! Cauliflower happens to be one of my favorite vegetables no matter how it’s served, but roasting it makes the texture even that much better. It’s very hearty and filling, yet super low in calories.
And did you know that cauliflower leaves are edible too? Don’t throw them away! You can use them just like other leafy greens. Add them to salads or soups, veggie and grain bowls, you can even roast them until crispy for a healthy snack!
The grapes might seem like an odd choice for a warm salad (which is actually just as yummy at room temperature or even cold – so perfect for a lunchbox!), but they lend a great fresh burst of sweetness that nicely balances out the earthy flavors of the spices (turmeric & curry powder) used here.
Cauliflower doesn’t look like much. It’s just plain white, not brightly or deeply colored like most of the superfoods you hear about, though there are several colorful varieties to choose from as well.
But don’t discount this cruciferous veggie. Cauliflower is high in vitamin C, vitamin K, B vitamins, fiber, folate, healthy omega-3 fats, potassium, and protein. Bottom line – this crunchy veggie should be on your plate and this Roasted Cauliflower Salad is a great way to start.
This golden dressing pairs wonderfully with the Roasted Cauliflower Salad. It gets it’s creaminess from delicious almond butter. The gorgeous hue is from turmeric and curry powder. A hint of sweetness comes from pure maple syrup. And I brightened it all up with fresh lemon juice.
Use as little or as much as you like on this salad. I like to drizzle just a bit on top and then serve the rest on the side for anyone who might want more.
More vegan recipes with cauliflower
- Orange Cauliflower
- Cauliflower Bolognese
- Vegan Cauliflower Soup
- Cauliflower Scampi
- Vegan Ceviche
- Roasted Veggie Rice Bowls
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do! If you tried it, please use the rating system in the recipe card and leave a comment below with your feedback.
Be sure to sign up for my FREE Newsletter to be the first to get my NEW recipes! You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest.
For even more easy family recipes, be sure to check out my cookbook, The Meatless Monday Family Cookbook!
Roasted Cauliflower Salad w/ Lentils & Grapes
For the Roasted Cauliflower Salad
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the cauliflower florets and sliced red onion with olive oil, 1 teaspoon turmeric, ½ teaspoon curry powder, and a pinch of salt. Spread into an even layer own the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes, until the cauliflower is tender and the red onion starts to caramelize.
- In the meantime, bring the lentils and water to a boil, cover, turn heat down to med-low and simmer 15 to 20 minutes until tender, but not mushy.
- When everything is cooked through, toss the cauliflower and onion mixture with the lentils and added in the red grapes.
- Whisk all of the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl, adding just enough water until you reach your desired consistency.
- Drizzle some of the dressing lightly over the salad and serve with extra dressing on the side. This salad tastes great warm, at room temperature or even cold!