Chocolate Chai Spice Granola – A quick and healthy granola loaded with flavors to get you in the holiday spirit.
There’s a new favorite granola in the house and it’s this Chocolate Chai Spice Granola. Not only is it packed with flavor and spice, but it will make your whole house smell amazing as it bakes, too! The heavenly aroma just screams cozy and comforting to me as the temps turn cooler and the air turns brisk. This is the prefect breakfast or snack to carry you through to the holidays. I wasn’t sure how the kids would feel about this one with all the aromatic spices, but they all loved it and were begging for more! I’m thinking you will be too!
I prefer this chocolate chai granola with a splash of rice milk or sprinkled on top of non-dairy yogurt, but it would also be delicious for an on-the-go snack…perhaps mixed with some dairy-free chocolate chips! My kids love it dry and my son even took some in his lunchbox one day as a treat.
This spiced granola will remind you of your favorite tea latte with a very subtle hint of cocoa. Feel free to add even more cocoa powder if you like. I didn’t want it to overpower the other spices.
Chocolate Chai Spice Granola
Give this Chocolate Chai Spice Granola a try and leave me a comment below letting me know how much you love it! You can also find me on Twitter and Instagram @veggie_inspired. Be sure to also tag #veggieinspired so I’m sure to see it! Enjoy!
- 3 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup crispy brown rice creel
- 1/2 cup raw shelled pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1/2 cup raw shelled sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds (flax meal)
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp dried ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, brown rice cereal, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, flax seeds and all spices (not included cocoa powder).
- In a small saucepan on the stove over medium heat, whisk together the brown rice syrup, cocoa powder and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Pour the liquid over the dry ingredients while mixing to combine. Mix thoroughly so everything is coated evenly.
- Pour the granola mixture onto a rimmed baking sheet and spread it out into one even layer.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Do not over cook...it will crisp up more as it cools.
- Store completely cooled leftovers in an airtight container on the counter for several days.