This Chocolate Chai Spice Granola is a quick and healthy granola loaded with flavors to get you in the holiday spirit.
There’s a new favorite granola in the house and it’s this Chocolate Chai Spice Granola.
Not only is it packed with flavor and spice, but it will make your whole house smell amazing as it bakes, too! The heavenly aroma just screams cozy and comforting to me as the temps turn cooler and the air turns brisk.
This is the prefect breakfast or snack to carry you through to the holidays.
I wasn’t sure how the kids would feel about this one with all the aromatic spices, but they all loved it and were begging for more! I’m thinking you will be too!
I prefer this chocolate chai granola with a splash of rice milk or sprinkled on top of non-dairy yogurt, but it would also be delicious for an on-the-go snack…perhaps mixed with some dairy-free chocolate chips! My kids love it dry and my son even took some in his lunchbox one day as a treat.
This spiced granola will remind you of your favorite tea latte with a very subtle hint of cocoa. Feel free to add even more cocoa powder if you like. I didn’t want it to overpower the other spices.
More vegan granola recipes
- Mint Chocolate Chip Granola
- Coffee Granola
- Coconut Chia Seed Granola
- Gingerbread Granola
- Blueberry Almond Granola
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do! If you tried it, please use the rating system in the recipe card and leave a comment below with your feedback.
Be sure to sign up for my FREE Newsletter to be the first to get my NEW recipes! You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest.
For even more easy family recipes, be sure to check out my cookbook, The Meatless Monday Family Cookbook!
Chocolate Chai Spice Granola
- 3 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup crispy brown rice creel
- ½ cup raw shelled pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup raw shelled sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup ground flax seeds flax meal
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teapoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup brown rice syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, brown rice cereal, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, flax seeds and all spices (not including cocoa powder).
- In a small saucepan on the stove over medium heat, whisk together the brown rice syrup, cocoa powder and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Pour the liquid over the dry ingredients while mixing to combine. Mix thoroughly so everything is coated evenly.
- Pour the granola mixture onto a rimmed baking sheet and spread it out into one even layer.
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Do not over cook…it will crisp up more as it cools.
- Store completely cooled leftovers in an airtight container on the counter for several days.
Nutrition values are calculated using online calculators and are estimates only. Please verify using your own data.