Coffee Granola – delicious gluten free granola flavored with real coffee grounds. The perfect pick me up for breakfast or snack!
Crunchy homemade granola flavored with real coffee grounds. Now you can have your coffee and eat it too! It’s so addictive, you might just be eating this stuff all day long. And that’s ok, because this Coffee Granola makes the perfect snack for anytime you need an energy boost. It makes a pretty darn good breakfast too!
Inspiration from Trader Joe’s
Have you guys seen all the new coffee flavored products at Trader Joe’s lately? They have coffee glazed nuts, coffee yogurt, coffee cookies, coffee flour (so intrigued by this!), and Caramel Flavored Coffee Granola. I’m sure there are lots more too, but these are the things I’ve noticed recently.
The granola in particular caught my eye and into my cart it went. OMG – it is so good! I didn’t taste much caramel in there, but the coffee flavor is prominent and I loved it! After buying 3 more bags over the weeks, I decided there has got to be a better way to get my crunchy coffee snack fix! And, voila, my homemade oil-free Coffee Granola was born!
My version has less calories, less sodium, less sugar, and no oil! And it’s so easy!
Granola is really so versatile. It works great as a breakfast on it’s own. With a splash of plant milk. Layered with yogurt. Sprinkled on fruit. Even baked into cookies or pancakes. It’s also easy to grab and super portable for a snack anytime of day.
There are several flavors of granola already on my blog – Gingerbread, Blueberry Almond, Coconut Chia, Chocolate Chai Spice, and Banana Bread. They are all easy and delicious! I have to admit, though, that this Coffee Granola takes the win for my favorite.
Use Coffee Beans that you LOVE
I think it goes without saying that you need to use coffee grounds that you would really enjoy drinking if you were making coffee. The coffee I love actually comes from Nevada. A local place called The Laughing C.A.T. My dad brings me several pounds every time he visits. My favorite is the Guatemalan. If you are someone who thinks you could never drink your coffee without cream and/or sugar, I guarantee you just haven’t tried a really good coffee yet. And, no Starbucks, doesn’t count as good coffee!
I hope you love this Coffee Granola as much as I do. If you try it, please come back and leave me a comment below with your feedback and star rating. You can also find me on social media. Be sure to tag @veggie_inspired and #veggieinspired so I’m sure to see it. Enjoy!
- 3.5 cups old fashioned rolled oats (gluten free, if desired)
- 1/4 cup chopped raw pecans
- 1/4 cup flaxmeal
- 1/4 cup coffee grounds (be sure to use a coffee you really like)
- 1/4 cup chopped Medjool dates (pitted)
- 1/2 cup runny almond butter (I like Trader Joe's Raw Creamy Almond Butter)
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp water (to thin)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine oats, pecans, flaxmeal, dates, and ground coffee in a large mixing bowl
- In a small pot on the stove over medium-low heat, combine the almond butter, brown rice syrup, vanilla extract, salt, and water. Whisk until smooth. If the mixture seems to thick still, add additional water 1 tbsp at a time until pourable.
- Pour the almond butter mixture over the oats mixture. Stir really well to ensure all the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spread the mixture in fairly even layer onto a rimmed baking sheet, but with very little, if any, space between the ingredients. This is how you'll get the nice big clumps of granola!
- Bake for 25-28 minutes, shaking the pan and flipping the mixture over as best you can about halfway through.
- The granola will continue to crisp up as it sits, so don't over-bake or it will burn.
- Let cool before eating. Store any leftovers in an airtight container on the counter for for 3-4 days.
More Delicious Breakfast Recipes to Love: