Cinnamon Sugar Cookies – perfectly chewy, sweet, and packed with warm cinnamon. Only 6 ingredients and 15 minutes needed to make these quick and easy, gluten free cookies! What are you waiting for?
Perfect Vegan Sugar Cookies
Who doesn’t love sugar cookies? They’re sweet, crispy, chewy – pretty much the perfect treat for any time. But, what’s a cinnamon loving girl to do with regular sugar cookies? Add some cinnamon, of course!
These Cinnamon Sugar Cookies are my perfect cookie. A little crispy bite on the outside, dense and chewy on the inside, just sweet enough with a little bit of spice…so yum! And with only 6 ingredients and 15 minutes, they’re sure to be your favorite cookie too!
Better Than Traditional Snickerdoodles
If you don’t believe me that these are the perfect cookies, perhaps you’ll believe my dad. He’s very trustworthy, I promise. His all time favorite cookie has always been a snickerdoodle. He especially loves my aunt’s (his sister-in-law) homemade snickerdoodles.
When he tasted these Cinnamon Sugar Cookies, he said, “I think these might replace my favorite snickerdoodles.” Um, that’s what I’m talking about!! The vegan cookie wins!
Love cinnamon? Don’t miss these other vegan cinnamon spiced recipes:
- Apple Cinnamon Quick Bread
- Cinnamon Coffee Cake
- Maple Pecan Cinnamon Scones
- Cinnamon Chickpea Blondies
- Cinnamon Dairy Free Truffles
- Oatmeal Cinnamon Smoothie
- Spiked Hot Cocoa with Cinnamon
Another reason these are better than traditional snickerdoodles, is that they are secretly healthy. Well, ok, it isn’t exactly health food, but they are certainly healthier than standard cookies.
These amazing cookies contain no oil, no butter, no dairy, no eggs, no gluten, and no refined sugar! That’s right! Sugar cookies with no refined sugar…or granulated sugar of any kind! But, trust me, they are every bit as mouthwatering!
These vegan sugar cookies are fabulous any time of year, but they also make excellent Christmas cookies. Don’t miss these other vegan Christmas cookies to round out your cookie exchange:
- Cranberry Pistachio Cookies
- Chocolate Almond Cookies
- Chewy Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies
- Soft Baked Vegan Pumpkin Cookies with Maple Frosting
Cinnamon Sugar Cookies
I can’t wait for you guys to try these amazing, chewy, gluten free, vegan Cinnamon Sugar Cookies!! I hope you love them as much as we do!
If you try them, please leave me a comment below with your feedback and star rating. And let me see those beautiful photos – snap a quick pic and tag me on social media with #veggieinspired and @veggie_inspired so I’m sure to se it.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the almond butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry while stirring. Stir well to thoroughly combine. The dough will be sticky, but this is what you want.
- Using your hands, roll the dough, about 1 tbsp at a time, into a ball and place on the parchment lined baking sheet. Dampen your hands slightly to make the dough easier to work with. Continue until all the dough has been used. Be sure to space the balls of dough out on the baking sheet with a few inches in between because they will spread out into perfectly round cookies.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until they are starting to firm up on the outside.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring the cookies too a wire rack to continue cooling completely.
~If you really love cinnamon like I do - add an extra 1/2 tbsp of cinnamon.
~These cookies are best eaten on the same day. However, they are also delicious straight out of the freezer, which gives them a crunchy texture!