These Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes are bright with lemon and little bursts of poppyseeds. Perfect for anytime you want to brighten your morning!
These lovely Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes are bright with lemon and little bursts of poppyseeds and topped off with fresh berries and a drizzle of pure maple syrup. Gorgeous and delicious!
These Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes are refined sugar free, dairy free, egg free, and oil free.
The lemons bring lots of Vitamin C and the poppy seeds provide fiber, B vitamins, iron, calcium, potassium and healthy unsaturated fats.
And if you top these vegan pancakes with fresh berries, you’ll have a lot more vitamins and minerals there too!
You can easily make a big batch of these and freeze them for quick and easy breakfasts all week long.
Just pop them in the toaster or reheat gently in a skillet..or even the microwave for a few seconds.
They also make a great lunchbox item. My son loves it when I send breakfast for lunch.
I put a whole ¼ cup of fresh lemon juice in these Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes. You can tone it down a notch if you wish, but I actually like to taste the lemon.
Lemon is a flavor that tends to get overpowered in baked goods, including pancakes, and I didn’t want that to happen here.
For that same reason, I chose to go with neutral soy milk for the liquid, but your favorite non-dairy milk would work (Almond or Cashew milk should work fine…even lite Coconut milk. I think Rice milk might be too thin, though).
Now, go make up a big batch and call the family to the table. It’s breakfast time!
More Vegan Pancake Recipes
- Gluten Free Oat Flour Pancakes
- Classic Eggless Pancakes
- Peanut Butter Pancakes
- Carrot Cake Pancakes
- Gluten Free Buckwheat Pancakes
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do! If you tried it, please use the rating system in the recipe card and leave a comment below with your feedback.
Be sure to sign up for my FREE Newsletter to be the first to get my NEW recipes! You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest.
For even more easy family recipes, be sure to check out my cookbook, The Meatless Monday Family Cookbook!
Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes
- 1 ½ cups white whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup flaxmeal
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened, non-dairy milk I used soy. Cashew, almond, or oat, would work, too.
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice use 2-3 tbsp if you want less lemon flavor
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 teaspoon poppy seeds
Pancake Topping Suggestions:
- Sliced fresh berries
- Shredded coconut
- Fruit jam
- Pure maple syrup
- Whisk together the flour, flaxmeal, coconut sugar, baking powder and salt in a small mixing bowl.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the nondairy milk, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Pour the dry into the wet and whisk to combine.
- Add the poppyseeds and stir to combine.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add a spritz of cooking spray if you don’t have non-stick pan.
- Pour about ¼ cup of batter into the skillet for each pancake – do not crown the pan.
- Cook about 4 minutes on the first side. When the edges start to pull away from the pan, it's ready to flip. Cook another 3 to 4 minutes on the second side. Adjust the heat as necessary.
- Repeat until all the batter is gone.
- Top with your favorite pancake toppings and serve immediately.
Nutrition values are calculated using online calculators and are estimates only. Please verify using your own data.