Healthy Whole Wheat Flax Pancakes just begging to be topped with fresh fruit and a drizzle of pure maple syrup!
I haven’t experimented much with pancakes. Once I found a good healthy recipe, I stuck with it. Our favorite recipe uses mashed banana to sweeten and hold the batter together. We don’t even use maple syrup with those pancakes because they are plenty sweet on their own. And as much as I love those banana pancakes, I wanted to come up with a recipe that is a little more neutral in flavor. A recipe that begs for sweet toppings and a flowing river of maple syrup. Yet, of course, it still has to be healthy. I created that recipe today! Healthy Whole Wheat Flax Pancakes!
These pancakes are egg free, oil free, and dairy free. They have just a touch of sugar to balance out the hearty whole wheat.
Despite being healthy, my kids love these pancakes! My son even likes to take them in his lunchbox and he eats them cold with fresh fruit on the side and little tin of pure maple syrup for dipping.
Don’t miss these other kid approved vegan pancake recipes:
- Vegan Carrot Cake Pancakes
- Peaches and Cream Dairy Free Pancakes
- Peanut Butter Pancakes with Peanut Butter Maple Syrup
- Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes
- Gluten Free Buckwheat Pancakes
- Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
Pick Your Toppings
These pancakes are good on their own, but I think they really come alive when topped with fresh fruit, jam or pure maple syrup. How gorgeous is this stack of healthy pancakes??
I topped them with my Homemade Raspberry Pineapple Chia Seed Jam and a drizzling of pure maple syrup. OMG!! Breakfast just got real!
These are guest worthy, so invite your friends over for brunch and wow them with your skills.
Want more flax in your diet? Check out these other recipes containing flaxseeds:
- Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
- Peanut Butter No Bake Protein Balls
- Flax and Walnut Zucchini Muffins
- Coffee Granola
- Kidney Bean Kale BBQ Burger
- Classic Vegan Toffee Bars
- Banana Chocolate Chip Snack Cake
Healthy Whole Wheat Flax Pancakes
I hope you enjoy this Whole Wheat Flax Pancakes as much as we do.
If you try them, please come back and leave me a comment below with your feedback and star rating. You can also find me on social media. Be sure to tag @veggie_inspired and #veggieinspired so I’m sure to see it.
- fresh fruit
- drizzle of pure maple syrup
- Homemade Raspberry Pineapple Chia Seed Jam
- Whisk flour, flaxmeal, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt to break up any clumps and combine.
- Add the soy milk and vanilla extract and whisk just until combined.
- Let batter sit for 5-10 minutes to thicken.
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat. Spray with coconut oil if your skillet is not non-stick.
- Using a 1/4 measuring cup, scoop batter onto the skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned on the bottom. Flip the pancake over and cook another 2-3 minutes until lightly browned on the other side.
- Serve with toppings of choice.
~Nutrition facts calculated without toppings.