A deliciously sweet, veggie packed breakfast even the kids will love! Try these Vegan Carrot Cake Pancakes today!
These Carrot Cake Pancakes are loaded with carrots and warming spices for a healthy dose of nutrition and comfort.
They are fluffy and moist and I promise your kids won’t mind eating veggies for breakfast if you serve them this way!
Perfect for a weekend morning, Easter brunch, or any other time you’re craving pancakes!
Sneaky Vegetables for Breakfast
It’s not often that my kids eat vegetables for breakfast and I’m guessing the same is true in your house. These delicious sweetly spiced pancakes are a perfect way to sneak in those veggies before they even realize what’s happening!
Complete your breakfast or brunch with these tasty plant based recipes:
Health Benefits of Carrots
Carrots are a very healthy vegetable. Low in calories, high in nutrients, and sweetly crunchy, they make a great snack!
They are extremely high in vitamin A. Just one cup contains over 100% of the recommended daily amount. Carrots also contain quite a bit of biotin, vitamin K, fiber, B vitamins, vitamin C, folate, phosphorus, and vitamin E.
This sweet orange veggie has been linked to healthy eyes, good digestion, and a possible decreased risk of cancer.
Don’t miss these other carrot recipes!
- Carrot Pineapple Salad
- Vegan Carrot Soup
- Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal
- Roasted Carrot White Bean Spread
- Spiced Carrot Oat Muffins
All the Toppings
We like to top our pancakes with chopped walnuts, golden raisins, coconut flakes, and a drizzle of pure maple syrup or sweet cashew cream cheese frosting.
If you use the Sweet Cashew Cream Cheese Frosting, I would suggest skipping the maple syrup and vice versa. Using both will be way too sweet. Of course, your kids might actually like that, but don’t blame me if they are bouncing off the walls first thing in the morning.
How would you top your Carrot Cake Pancakes?
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do! If you tried it, please use the rating system in the recipe card and leave a comment below with your feedback.
Be sure to sign up for my FREE Newsletter to be the first to get my NEW recipes! You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest.
For even more easy family recipes, be sure to check out my cookbook, The Meatless Monday Family Cookbook!
Vegan Carrot Cake Pancakes
Vegan Carrot Cake Pancakes
- 1 ½ cups white whole wheat flour all purpose flour will also work
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¾ cup unsweetened canned coconut milk
- ¾ cup coconut water
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup plus more for drizzling on top, if desired
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely shredded carrots
- chopped walnuts optional, for garnish
- raisins optional, for garnish
- coconut flakes optional, for garnish
For the Carrot Cake Pancakes:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
- In a small bowl or large measuring cup, whisk together the coconut milk, coconut water, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir to combine.
- Stir in the shredded carrots until just combined.
- Over medium heat, in a non-stick pan (or using a light spray of oil in a regular pan), pour ¼ cup of the pancake batter into the pan.
- Cook for 4 to 5 minutes on the first side until small bubbles appear all over the surface and the pancake can easily be flipped.
- Cook another 2 to 3 minutes on the second side. Repeat with remaining batter. You may need to adjust the temperature as you go.
For the Sweet Cashew Cream Cheese (if using):
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and puree until smooth. Pour into a small bowl and let sit for a few minutes to thicken.
- Serve the pancakes garnished with chopped walnuts, shredded coconut, raisins, Sweet Cashew Cream Cheese and/or a drizzle of pure maple syrup.
Recipe, post content, and photos updated April 2019. Original posted April 2015.