Peaches and Cream Dairy Free Donuts – tender cake donuts made with easy to digest spelt flour and fresh diced peaches baked into every bite. An easy, sweet glaze takes these vegan donuts over the top!
I can not stop eating these Peaches and Cream Dairy Free Donuts!! This might be going down as one of my top 5 recipes from the blog. They are so good! I’ve never been a huge donut lover – I find them either too dry, too sweet, or too oily. These peaches and cream donuts are everything I’ve ever wanted in a donut – light and fluffy, just sweet enough, and absolutely no oil, butter or eggs. You’ve got to try these!
Easier to Digest Spelt Flour
I love spelt flour for baking because it’s much lighter than whole wheat and more easily digestible. Some people who are sensitive to gluten, will find spelt flour easier to tolerate, however, it is NOT gluten free and therefore not suitable for those with Celiac disease. It does make these dairy free donuts nice and tender while still allowing them to hold together perfectly!
You all know by know that I’m obsessed with aquafaba (a.k.a chickpea brine) when it comes to baking. I’ve used it in my Cinnamon Squash Bread, Peanut Butter Chocolate Cupcakes, and Clementine Loaf Cakes. Aquafaba is used in place of eggs to create a perfect soft, fluffy rise in baked goods. It works like a charm in these donuts as well!
Coconut milk is a magical ingredient in its own right. It provides healthy fat which allows for a tender cake texture without using butter or oils. What we have is soft, tender, moist, fluffy, yummy, baked dairy free donuts.
Eat Them All Day Long
They are perfect for breakfast, snack or even dessert. We have been eating them all day long. The first time I made them, I made a second batch about an hour after the first because we just couldn’t stop! You might want to do yourself a a favor and just start with a double batch!
Peaches and Cream Dairy Free Donuts
I can not wait for you guys to try these delicious dairy free donuts! Please come back and leave me feedback and star rating after trying them! I love seeing your pics too, so if you make this, be sure tag me on social media #veggieinspired and @veggie_inspired so I don’t miss it!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly spray a 6-cavity donut pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, coconut sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut, aquafaba, and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until combined, but do not over mix.
- Add the diced peaches and stir to distribute evenly throughout.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared donut pan. Fill each cavity to the top and smooth out the top with the back of the spoon or your fingers.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes, until the edges pull away from the pan easily. (12 minutes was perfect in my oven each time).
- Let cool in the pan on a wire cooling rack for 5-10 minutes. Turn the donuts out onto the cooling rack and continue to cool completely.
- Once the donuts are completely cool, whisk together the powdered sugar and coconut milk for the glaze, if using. Gently dip the tops of each donut into the glaze and return to the cooling rack to dry. Alternately, drizzle the glaze over the top of each donut and allow to dry on the cooling rack.
Leftovers can be stored loosely covered on the counter for one night. After that, I would suggest, storing them in the fridge, but the texture might not be the same. Ours never last past that second morning, so I'm not much help there. 🙂
You Might Also Like:
Find more Healthy Sweet Treats.