This Raw Veggie Chopped Salad is perfect for summer parties, potlucks and BBQs. Full of flavor and no lettuce needed. You can easily double the recipe to feed a huge crowd.
No Lettuce Needed
Summer is here and it’s time for fresh salads of all kinds. Salads are perfect for quick lunches and a first course before dinner. They also travel really well, so pack ’em up for parties, potlucks and BBQs!
To ensure you don’t get bored of this veggie wonderland, change up your ingredients often, try different dressings and toppings, add fruit for a little sweetness and, sometimes, you can even leave out the lettuce!
This Raw Veggie Chopped Salad is one of my new favorites and there’s not a leaf of lettuce in sight!
Garden Fresh Ingredients
The key to this incredibly healthy salad is super fresh ingredients. Fresh herbs are key! Please don’t make this with dried herbs, I promise it won’t be the same.
This is the perfect salad for summer when peppers, cucumbers and radishes are growing plentiful in gardens and can be found in every farmers market. The chopped broccoli, sunflower seeds and hemp seeds add real staying power to fill you up without filling you out! And, I love the addition of red seedless grapes for a little sweetness.
Big Flavor and Texture
You don’t need a lot of dressing for this colorful raw salad because the fresh herbs bring a ton of flavor.
This veggie chopped salad has it all: crunch from the raw broccoli and peppers, freshness from the herbs, a spicy bite from the radishes, cucumbers and grapes that are clean and crisp, seeds that are filling and hearty and a lemony oil-free dressing to bring it all together.
Raw Veggie Chopped Salad
It’s best to make this salad ahead of time and let it mingle with the dressing for at least an hour or two. I like to toss the salad once or twice during this time so the dressing completely covers all the veggies. The veggies will start to soak up the dressing and soften just a bit, while still maintaining their crunch.
Not only is this veggie chopped salad healthy and delicious, but look at all those beautiful colors! Healthy eating advocates often say to “eat the rainbow” and I’m here to tell you that this is the perfect way to start!
I hope you love this Raw Veggie Chopped Salad as much as we do. If you try it, please come back and leave me a comment below with your feedback and star rating. You can also find me on social media. Be sure to tag @veggie_inspired and #veggieinspired so I’m sure to see it. Enjoy!
Raw Veggie Chopped Salad
Chopped Raw Veggie Salad
- 1 orange bell pepper (chopped small) (about 1 cup)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (chopped small) (about 1 cup)
- 5-8 radishes (cut in half and sliced thin) (about ¾ cup)
- 1 small head of broccoli (chopped small) (about 2 cups)
- 1 seedless cucumber (chopped small) (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup halved red seedless grapes
- 2-3 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup raw shelled sunflower seeds
- ⅛ cup raw hemp hearts (hulled hemp seeds)
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all the salad ingredients.
- Pour the dressing over the chopped veggies and toss well to coat.
- Cover and place in the fridge for an hour or two, tossing the salad once or twice during that time to coat evenly.
More Hearty Summer Salads to Love: