This Veggie Wrap is loaded with healthy veggies, crunchy apples, and a spicy hummus for kick. It makes a super quick and easy lunch!
I’m sure you’ve seen those packages of broccoli slaw in the produce section of your local grocery store, right?
Overpriced, sure. Convenient, absolutely.
You don’t need to make it into coleslaw, try putting it in your wrap instead.
There’s broccoli, purple cabbage and carrots in there! Add some leafy greens, apple slices and a yummy dressing or spread, like my oil- free Spicy Hummus, and this Veggie Wrap is a meal that can put together in about as much time as it takes you to open the package.
Texture is Key
For me, the key to a great wrap is texture! I like a little crunch paired with the soft tortilla and creamy hummus. This Veggie Wrap definitely delivers in the texture department!
The broccoli slaw is firm and crunchy, the apple slices are fresh and crisp, and even the leafy greens give a bit of chew.
You could throw in some sunflower seeds or chopped walnuts for extra crunch as well.
Just like my Favorite Avocado Toast and my Easy Pesto Tortilla Pizza, this wrap is more about the method than the ingredients. You can customize it to your liking by switching up the vegetables or choosing a different hummus.
Or you don’t have to make your veggie wrap with hummus at all, you could use any creamy spread that you love. My Sun Dried Tomato Spread or Veggie Cream Cheese Spread would be great in any veggie wrap sandwich.
Just make sure you have a flavorful spread, crunchy fresh veggies, and either a fruit or vegetable that’s a bit juicy, like apples, mango, strawberries, cucumber or tomatoes. Personally, I like to add some fruit for natural sweetness, but use what you love.
And, of course, I urge you try it this Veggie Wrap recipe as is at least once, too, because it’s delicious!
Veggie Wrap w/ Broccoli Slaw & Spicy Hummus
I hope you love this quick and easy Veggie Wrap as much as we do. If you try it, please come back and leave me a comment below with your feedback and star rating.
You can also find me on social media. Be sure to tag @veggie_inspired and #veggieinspired so I’m sure to see it.
Broccoli Slaw Veggie Wrap with Spicy Hummus
- 1 tortilla (your favorite) (gluten free, if desired)
- 3-4 tbsp Spicy Hummus (or use your favorite store bought hummus and mix it with a few tbsp of salsa)
- A few leaves of romaine lettuce or fresh spinach (or the leafy green of your choice)
- ½ cup broccoli slaw
- ¼ apple (sliced thin)
- 2 tsp dairy free plain unsweetened yogurt
- ½ tsp fresh lemon juice
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- Mix the yogurt and lemon juice with the broccoli slaw. Add a dash of salt and pepper, to taste, and mix well. Set aside.
- Lay tortilla flat.
- Spread spicy hummus all over the tortilla.
- Lay down the lettuce on top of the spicy hummus.
- On one half, pile the broccoli slaw over the lettuce.
- Place the apple slices on top of the slaw.
- Fold up the sides of the tortilla and then, starting with the end that has the slaw and apples, roll tightly.
- Cut in half and enjoy!
More Quick and Easy Lunch Recipes to Love: