This Veggie Wrap is loaded with healthy veggies, crunchy apples, and a spicy hummus for kick. It makes a super quick and easy lunch!
I’m sure you’ve seen those packages of broccoli slaw in the produce section of your local grocery store, right?
Overpriced, sure. Convenient, absolutely.
You don’t need to make it into coleslaw, try putting it in your wrap instead.
There’s broccoli, purple cabbage and carrots in there! Add some leafy greens, apple slices and a yummy dressing or spread, like my oil- free Spicy Hummus, and this Veggie Wrap is a meal that can put together in about as much time as it takes you to open the package.
For me, the key to a great wrap is texture! I like a little crunch paired with the soft tortilla and creamy hummus. This Veggie Wrap definitely delivers in the texture department!
The broccoli slaw is firm and crunchy, the apple slices are fresh and crisp, and even the leafy greens give a bit of chew.
You could throw in some sunflower seeds or chopped walnuts for extra crunch as well.
Just like my Favorite Avocado Toast and my Easy Pesto Tortilla Pizza, this wrap is more about the method than the ingredients. You can customize it to your liking by switching up the vegetables or choosing a different hummus.
Or you don’t have to make your veggie wrap with hummus at all, you could use any creamy spread that you love. My Sun Dried Tomato Spread or Veggie Cream Cheese Spread would be great in any veggie wrap sandwich.
Just make sure you have a flavorful spread, crunchy fresh veggies, and either a fruit or vegetable that’s a bit juicy, like apples, mango, strawberries, cucumber or tomatoes. Personally, I like to add some fruit for natural sweetness, but use what you love.
And, of course, I urge you try it this Veggie Wrap recipe as is at least once, too, because it’s delicious!
More vegan lunch recipes
- Vegan Chickpea Salad
- Vegan Tuna Salad
- Kale Apple Slaw
- Spicy Bean Burgers
- Vegan Quinoa Salad
- Vegan Chickpea Tacos
Be sure to check out my Vegan Lunch Box Guide for some great tips, tricks, and recipe ideas!
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do! If you tried it, please use the rating system in the recipe card and leave a comment below with your feedback.
Be sure to sign up for my FREE Newsletter to be the first to get my NEW recipes! You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest.
For even more easy family recipes, be sure to check out my cookbook, The Meatless Monday Family Cookbook!
Broccoli Slaw Veggie Wrap with Spicy Hummus
- 1 tortilla your favorite (gluten free, if desired)
- 3-4 tablespoons Spicy Hummus or use your favorite store bought hummus and mix it with a few tbsp of salsa
- a few leaves of romaine lettuce or fresh spinach or the leafy green of your choice
- ½ cup broccoli slaw
- ¼ apple sliced thin
- 2 teaspoons dairy-free plain, unsweetened yogurt
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- Mix the yogurt and lemon juice with the broccoli slaw. Add a dash of salt and pepper, to taste, and mix well. Set aside.
- Lay tortilla flat.
- Spread spicy hummus all over the tortilla.
- Lay down the lettuce on top of the spicy hummus.
- On one half, pile the broccoli slaw over the lettuce.
- Place the apple slices on top of the slaw.
- Fold up the sides of the tortilla and then, starting with the end that has the slaw and apples, roll tightly.
- Cut in half and enjoy!
Nutrition values are calculated using online calculators and are estimates only. Please verify using your own data.