These Vegan Breakfast Tacos with scrambled tofu and roasted potatoes are spiced with southwest flavors and are so delicious. This hearty dish would be perfectly suitable for lunch or dinner too!
Any time of day is a good time for tacos, but I specifically made these healthy tacos for breakfast.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so make sure you start it out with a winning combination of protein, carbs, vitamins, minerals and heathy fats.
These Vegan Breakfast Tacos have it all – scrambled tofu, roasted potatoes and veggies, southwest spices, and lots of toppings.
I brought you this Easy Tofu Scramble quite awhile ago. It’s delicious on it’s own, but it also makes the perfect protein packed addition to these vegan breakfast tacos.
I make this scramble with mushrooms when I eat it alone, but sometimes I leave them out when I make these tacos. It’s great either way, so you choose which way you prefer!
What savory breakfast is complete without some sort of crispy potatoes? That’s right, none worth talking about! So, we’re not leaving them out of this delicious breakfast recipe either. In fact, we’re making them even better by roasting them with bell peppers, jalapeños, onion and spices.
Top these tacos off any way you please.
I suggest salsa, avocado, sliced jalapeños, and my Southwest Vegan Ranch Dressing. Proving yet again, that my dairy free ranch dressing goes perfectly with everything!
And if you’re feeling indulgent and really want to take it up a notch, try a slice of vegan cheese. Put the cheese on the tortilla first and then add the still hot potatoes and scrambled tofu so the cheese melts a bit. SO good!
Take your breakfast game up a notch with these Vegan Breakfast Tacos!
More vegan breakfast recipes
- Vegan Breakfast Casserole
- The BEST Avocado Toast
- Oat Flour Pancakes
- Breakfast Hash Browns and Veggies Skillet
- Ancient Grains Breakfast Bars
- Breakfast Nachos
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do! If you tried it, please use the rating system in the recipe card and leave a comment below with your feedback.
Be sure to sign up for my FREE Newsletter to be the first to get my NEW recipes! You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest.
For even more easy family recipes, be sure to check out my cookbook, The Meatless Monday Family Cookbook!
Vegan Breakfast Tacos
For the Tacos
- 1 recipe Easy Tofu Scramble
- 6 tortillas gluten free, if desired
- Sliced jalapeño
- Nutritional Yeast
- Slice of vegan cheese
- Southwest Vegan Ranch Dressing
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cubed potatoes, onion, bell peppers, jalapeño, lemon juice, salt, smoked paprika, and garlic powder. Toss well to combine. Pour mixture onto the prepared baking sheet in one even layer. Bake for 20 minutes. Stir potatoes and veggies and arrange back into an even layer. Cook another 15 to 25 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes until crispy.
- Meanwhile while the potatoes are baking, prepare the Easy Tofu Scramble.
- To serve, fill each tortilla with a slice of vegan cheese (if using), the potato/pepper mixture, tofu scramble, and toppings of choice.