Just want to let you know that this post is sponsored by my friends at Oriya Organics. I only recommend products that I use myself. All opinions are my own.
This incredibly easy no bake dessert is packed with superfoods, bringing you loads of nutrition in this indulgent treat! Tastes like a Thin Mint Cookie in frozen pie form!
This time of year I’m usually hoarding boxes of thin mint cookies in my freezer, pulling them out a sleeve at a time, and eating (inhaling might be a better word) the entire sleeve.
Not exactly the healthiest thing a girl can do, right? Unfortunately (or, as luck would have it), the girls I usually buy from are no longer in girl scouts.
So, what’s a frozen thin mint lover to do? Create their own frozen chocolate minty deliciousness! And, even better, make it healthy!!
This Vegan Grasshopper Pie will have you forgetting all about those little cookies. It’s super easy to make and boasts a fudgy crust with a light-as-air minty cream filling.
Natural Green Coloring
The mint cream filling is fluffy and light with a super fresh minty taste that’s not overwhelming.
Truth be told, I’m not a huge mint fan, but I do like it paired with chocolate when it has a subtle flavor – like in those addictive cookies. The amount of mint I used in this icebox dessert is the perfect amount to bring out the minty freshness without overwhelming.
And that gorgeous pastel green color – that’s not food coloring! That is Oriya Organics Superfood Protein Medley!
Healthy Protein Powder
This protein powder is organic, non-gmo, vegan, gluten free and raw.
All of Oriya Organics’ products are free from sweeteners (most plant based protein powders contain stevia, which has a very strong taste), fillers (xantham gum, soy lecithin, maltodextrin, etc.) and “natural” flavors, like chocolate or vanilla (which sometimes aren’t very natural at all). You’ll only find real, whole food, nutrient rich ingredients in these products.
The Superfood Protein Medley also contains all the essential amino acids, making it a complete protein. 18 grams of complete protein in every serving to be exact! Not to mention all the fiber, vitamins, minerals, omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants each serving contains.
The texture of this Superfood Protein Powder is super fine. It blends beautifully with no chalky or gritty residue.
I didn’t even put the filling for this vegan grasshopper pie in the blender….just whisked it all up by hand.
And the flavor is neutral, so you won’t taste it either. Trust me, you would never know this tasty treat contains protein powder!
Don’t be afraid to take a few spoonfuls of the Mint Cream straight to your mouth before you even get around to pouring it on the crust. I was practically drinking the stuff!
Which reminds me, this protein powder is excellent in smoothies too! I think I’m going to have to make a mint cream smoothie next!
And the raw brownie crust is perfect all on it’s own as well. But, together, they are a match made in heaven. Fudgy crust, creamy filling, chocolate and mint – are you drooling yet?
My kids have claimed this to be their new favorite dessert and I certainly don’t disagree. And considering how easy it is to make, this might just be taking up space in our freezer every week.
More vegan frozen treats
- Frozen Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie
- Sugar Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Strawberry Lemonade Ice Cream Cake
- No Churn Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream
- Caramel Peanut Vegan Ice Cream Cake
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do! If you tried it, please use the rating system in the recipe card and leave a comment below with your feedback.
Be sure to sign up for my FREE Newsletter to be the first to get my NEW recipes! You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest.
For even more easy family recipes, be sure to check out my cookbook, The Meatless Monday Family Cookbook!
Vegan Grasshopper Pie
Raw Brownie Crust
For the Raw Brownie Crust:
- Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper so the ends hang over the sides (I like to spray the bottom of the pan before I place the parchment paper so it sticks to the bottoms and doesn’t move around while you spread the dough) and set aside.
- Place almonds and pecans in a food processor and pulse until a flour-like consistency.
- Add the cacao powder and flaxmeal and pulse a few times to combine.
- Add the dates and process until the mixture comes together into a sticky ball. Add 1-2 tbsp water if needed, to reach this consistency.
- Press the dough evenly into the pan and place in the freezer while you make the mint cream.
For the Mint Cream:
- Place the coconut cream, brown rice syrup, vanilla and mint extracts and the Oriya Organics Superfood Protein Medley in a medium mixing bowl and whisk until smooth. Add 1-2 tbsp of organic powdered sugar if you want it a bit sweeter.
- Pour the Mint Cream over the Raw Brownie Crust and place in the freezer to set. It should be firm enough in a couple of hours. Pull the whole 8×8 square out by the parchment paper “handles”. Cut into squares and enjoy!