Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars – delicious dessert bars with all the flavors of fall and loaded with chocolate chips. Oil free and vegan.
It’s officially October and that means – PUMPKIN!
Are you ready for sweaters, boots, crunchy leaves, apples, cool crisp air, and all things pumpkin??
Or are you sad to see summer go?
Fall is my favorite season and I wish it lasted longer. We are getting things started around here with these soft, cake-y Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars!
My kids can’t get enough of these!
Kids Love Snack Bars
My kids go crazy for little snack bars like these.
The texture of these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars are very similar to both of those. Dense, yet soft, and perfect with a cup of coffee or almond milk.
My kids love to take them in their lunchbox for a little sweet treat.
Pumpkins don’t just look good on your front porch, they’re incredibly good for you.
These orange beauties contain fiber, potassium, vitamin C, vitamin E, and antioxidants.
You can use pumpkin purée to replace oil in most baking recipes.
Just make sure to use pure pumpkin purée, if you’re using canned, not pumpkin pie mix.
How to Make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars
These bars are super easy to make. No mixer needed…just some mixing bowls and a whisk.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients
- Whisk together the wet ingredients
- Pour the dry into the wet and stir to combine
- Press the mixture into a parchment lined baking dish
All that’s left to do is….devour!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars
I hope you love these vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars as much as we do. If you try them, please come back and leave me a comment below with your feedback and star rating.
You can also find me on social media. Be sure to tag @veggie_inspired and #veggieinspired so I’m sure to see it.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars
- Preheat the over to 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8x8 square baking dish with parchment, letting the ends overhang to use as "handles" later.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, flax, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the pumpkin purée, coconut sugar, cashew butter, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the dry into the wet and stir to combine.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir to incorporate. The mixture will be thick like traditional cookie dough.
- Press the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Pro tip: slightly dampen your hands so the batter doesn't stick to your hands.
- Bake for 22-27 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack until cool to the touch. Using the parchment "handles" lift the whole thing out of the pan and place on the wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cool, cut into squares and enjoy!
More Vegan Pumpkin Recipes to Love: