Delicious dessert bars with all the flavors of fall and loaded with chocolate chips. These Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars are oil free and vegan. Betcha can’t eat just one!
It’s officially October and that means – PUMPKIN!
Are you ready for sweaters, boots, crunchy leaves, apples, cool crisp air, and all things pumpkin??
Or are you sad to see summer go?
Fall is my favorite season and I wish it lasted longer. We are getting things started around here with these soft, cake-y Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars!
My kids can’t get enough of these!
My kids go crazy for little snack bars like these.
The texture of these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars are very similar to both of those. Dense, yet soft, and perfect with a cup of coffee or almond milk.
My kids love to take them in their lunchbox for a little sweet treat.
Pumpkins don’t just look good on your front porch, they’re incredibly good for you.
These orange beauties contain fiber, potassium, vitamin C, vitamin E, and antioxidants.
You can use pumpkin purée to replace oil in most baking recipes.
Just make sure to use pure pumpkin purée, if you’re using canned, not pumpkin pie mix.
How to make the recipe
These bars are super easy to make. No mixer needed…just some mixing bowls and a whisk.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients
- Whisk together the wet ingredients
- Pour the dry into the wet and stir to combine
- Press the mixture into a parchment lined baking dish
All that’s left to do is….devour!
More vegan pumpkin recipes
- Vegan Pumpkin Bread
- Soft Baked Vegan Pumpkin Cookies
- Pumpkin Fudge Brownies
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do! If you tried it, please use the rating system in the recipe card and leave a comment below with your feedback.
Be sure to sign up for my FREE Newsletter to be the first to get my NEW recipes! You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest.
For even more easy family recipes, be sure to check out my cookbook, The Meatless Monday Family Cookbook!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars
- Preheat the over to 350°F.
- Line an 8×8 square baking dish with parchment, letting the ends overhang to use as “handles” later.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, flax, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the pumpkin purée, coconut sugar, cashew butter, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the dry into the wet and stir to combine.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir to incorporate. The mixture will be thick like traditional cookie dough.
- Press the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Pro tip: slightly dampen your hands so the batter doesn’t stick to your hands.
- Bake for 22 to 27 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack until cool to the touch. Using the parchment “handles” lift the whole thing out of the pan and place on the wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cool, cut into squares and enjoy!
Nutrition values are calculated using online calculators and are estimates only. Please verify using your own data.