Spaghetti with Spinach and Cranberries in a Creamy Maple Pumpkin Glaze is the perfect fall pasta dish. It might seem like an odd combination of ingredients, but they work well together and whole family loves this! It’s quick and easy, too, coming together in just 20 minutes!
Pasta is my go-to weeknight meal when we are in a rush or when I don’t know what else to cook.
Mainly because I know it’s something the kids will always eat.
Usually it’s a simple marinara or my Lentil Bolognese (made with leftover lentils that we always have on hand because they are a plant based pantry staple). But, every so often I change it up a bit and add some fun flavors.
This Spaghetti with Spinach and Cranberries is such a great seasonal dish. And it’s the perfect way to sneak in some veggies if your kids are picky about that.
Not only is there spinach and cranberries, but there’s also pumpkin in the sauce. Hello, vitamin A! Give your pasta a fall make-over and try this recipe today!
This dish is based off a recipe from Lauren Ulm’s Vegan Yum Yum cookbook. I have loved every recipe of hers that I’ve tried. And her photographs are drool-worthy too. Her cookbook is still one of my faves and I highly recommend it to anyone. You can find it here.)
I’ve tweaked the sauce to make it richer and creamier, adding some protein and sneaking in some extra veg along the way.
This Spaghetti with Spinach & Cranberries is a winner and would be the perfect addition to any plant based holiday table.
However, it cooks up in such little time, that it’s also a perfect dish to whip up any busy weeknight.
Bonus – the kids love this too!
More vegan pasta recipes
- Garden Veggie Pasta
- Vegan White Sauce Pasta
- Easy Hummus Pasta
- Roasted Vegetable Pasta
- Vegan Mac and Cheese
- Creamy Mushroom Pasta
- Vegan Spinach Artichoke Pasta
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do! If you tried it, please use the rating system in the recipe card and leave a comment below with your feedback.
Be sure to sign up for my FREE Newsletter to be the first to get my NEW recipes! You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest.
For even more easy family recipes, be sure to check out my cookbook, The Meatless Monday Family Cookbook!
Spaghetti with Spinach and Cranberries in a Creamy Maple Pumpkin Glaze
- 1 package (16 oz) spaghetti
- 1 cup shelled pumpkin seeds
- 2 cups fresh spinach chopped
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze. Whisk all glaze ingredients in a small bowl until smooth and set aside. Alternately, you can combine all glaze ingredients in a blender for a few seconds.
- Pulse the pepitas in a food processor or blender a few times (or chop finely by hand) and set aside.
- When spaghetti is done, turn off heat, drain and place back in the hot pot. Add spinach and cranberries and mix a few times. The heat from the pot and the noodles will sufficiently wilt the spinach and soften the dried cranberries.
- Pour glaze over the spaghetti, spinach and cranberries and mix well.
- Toss in the pepitas and mix well again.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition values are calculated using online calculators and are estimates only. Please verify using your own data.