Hearty vegetarian tacos suitable for Taco Tuesday or any night of the week. These Lentil Mushroom Tacos are “meaty” and flavorful and ready in under 30 minutes!
I love taco night at our house. It’s so easy and everyone can accessorize their taco however they want. One of our new favorites are these Lentil Mushroom Tacos.
I usually do black bean tacos, but I tried something new the other night and it is permanently going into heavy rotation around here.
The combination of the lentils and mushrooms is so good and lend themselves really well to that hearty “meaty” texture.
This is especially easy if you have leftover cooked lentils (which I almost always do…I use them all the time), but if not, lentils cook up quickly anyway or you can buy them pre-cooked in cans or boxed in the produce section.
Add your favorite toppings – avocado, tomatoes, lettuce, salsa, etc – everyone can make it their own with the toppings.
And let me tell you, kids LOVE when they get to make decisions. So, set up a taco bar with all the toppings and let them go to town!
More vegan taco recipes
- Black Bean Mini Tacos
- Crunchy Veggie Tacos
- Crispy Cauliflower Tacos
- Baked Tofu Tacos
- Easy Chickpea Tacos
- Breakfast Tacos
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do! If you tried it, please use the rating system in the recipe card and leave a comment below with your feedback.
Be sure to sign up for my FREE Newsletter to be the first to get my NEW recipes! You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest.
For even more easy family recipes, be sure to check out my cookbook, The Meatless Monday Family Cookbook!
Lentil Mushroom Tacos
- tortillas (flour or corn, your choice)
- sliced avocado, diced tomato, shredded cabbage or lettuce, salsa, etc. (optional)
- Saute mushrooms in a skillet over medium heat until softened. Mushrooms give off a lot of moisture, so I didn’t add any liquid for sautéing. Feel free to use a tbsp of water if they are sticking to the pan.
- Add the cooked lentils, seasonings and water. Mix well.
- Simmer mixture until heated through.
- Serve in tortillas with your favorite fixings: cabbage, tomato, avocado, salsa, etc., if desired.
- Dig in!