Lentil Mushroom Tacos – hearty vegetarian tacos suitable for Taco Tuesday or any night of the week.
I love taco night at our house. It’s so easy and everyone can accessorize their taco however they want. One of our new favorites are these Lentil Mushroom Tacos.
I usually do black bean tacos, but I tried something new the other night and it is permanently going into heavy rotation around here.
The combination of the lentils and mushrooms is so good and lend themselves really well to that hearty “meaty” texture.
This is especially easy if you have leftover cooked lentils (which I almost always do…I use them all the time), but if not, lentils cook up quickly anyway or you can buy them pre-cooked. Add your favorite toppings – avocado, tomatoes, lettuce, salsa, etc – everyone can make it their own with the toppings. And let me tell you, kids LOVE when they get to make decisions. So, set up a taco bar with all the toppings and let them go to town!
Lentil Mushroom Tacos
I hope you love these Lentil Mushroom Tacos as much as we do. If you try them, please come back and leave me a comment below with your feedback. You can also find me on social media. Be sure to tag @veggie_inspired and #veggieinspired so I’m sure to see it. Enjoy!
- tortillas (flour or corn, your choice)
- sliced avocado, diced tomato, shredded cabbage or lettuce, salsa, etc. (optional)
- Saute mushrooms in a skillet over medium heat until softened. Mushrooms give off a lot of moisture, so I didn't add any liquid for sautéing. Feel free to use a tbsp of water if they are sticking to the pan.
- Add the cooked lentils, seasonings and water. Mix well.
- Simmer mixture until heated through.
Serve in tortillas with your favorite fixings: cabbage, tomato, avocado, salsa, etc., if desired.
- Dig in!
~Nutrition facts calculated without tortilla or toppings.
More Delicious Vegan Taco Recipes to Love: