Soba Noodle Stir Fry – super quick and easy, this dish is perfect for a weeknight meal. Use any veggies you have on hand.
If you’re anything like me, life is busy. You’re always on the go and it’s hard to find time to eat a proper dinner between work, errands, keeping the house clean, trying to find time to exercise, and playing chauffeur to your kids. Stir frys are a great choice for a quick and easy dinner. They offer a lot of flavor with little effort. Most times, they taste great at room temperature or cold too, so you could even pack them up to go. Quick cooking noodles, a few veggies, and a delicious sauce that comes together in just seconds – put this Soba Noodle Stir Fry on your menu this week!
This stir fry dish is a quick and easy weeknight meal. Soba noodles cook in about 3 minutes, which is about as long as you’ll want to cook the veggies. You want your veggies to still have a little crunch without being completely raw. The longest part of the process will be chopping the veggies, but you can do that in the time it takes for the water to boil (or probably less). You can swap out the veggies for your favorites. Carrots and broccoli would be great, or water chestnuts. Though I think fresh veggies are always best in a dish like this, you could use frozen if that’s all you have. In a pinch, it will do!
If you have more time, baked tofu would be great in this dish as well.
Quick and Easy Meals
Need more ideas for dinner on the table pronto? I have categories on this blog for 15 Minute Recipes and 30 Minute Recipes. Some of our other favorite go-to meals when we need dinner in a hurry are my Black Bean Salsa Burgers and Bell Pepper and Chickpea Tacos.
Soba noodles are a great gluten free option. They are made from buckwheat, which despite it’s name, isn’t wheat at all. I talk more about buckwheat in my post for Gluten Free Buckwheat Pancakes. Be sure to check labels on the soba noodles, though, as some brands do add wheat.
Soba Noodle Stir Fry
I hope you guys love this Soba Noodle Stir Fry as much as we do. If you try it, please come back and leave me a comment below with your feedback. You can also fine me on social media. Be sure to tag @veggie_inspired and #veggieinspired so I’m sure to see it. Enjoy!
Soba Noodle Stirfy
- 9 oz soba noodles (cooked according to package directions)
- 1 red bell pepper (sliced into small strips)
- 1 cup green cabbage (any variety) (sliced thin)
- 3/4 cup snow peas
- 3 green onions (white and light green parts only, chopped)
- 3 tbsp organic natural peanut butter
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp gluten free tamari (or liquid aminos or soy sauce)
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- chopped peanuts for garnish
- Start a pot of water to boil for the noodles.
- While the water is coming to a boil, whisk together the peanut butter, rice vinegar, tamari, water, maple syrup, garlic powder and ginger in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Chop your vegetables.
- Once the water is boiling, drop your noodles and cook according to package directions. They don't take very long to cook - be sure not to overcook or they will be mushy!
- While noodles are cooking, in a large pan heat 2-3 tbsp water and place your chopped veggies in to sauté for a couple minutes, stirring occasionally (add more water if they start to stick).
- When the noodles are just cooked through, drain them and add them to the veggies.
- Pour the sauce over the noodles and veggies and mix well.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts and serve.
More Asian-Inspired Plant Based Recipes to Love: