Stir Fry Zucchini Noodles – super quick and easy, low carb, and flavorful – perfect for any night of the week.
After all the yummy indulgent treats the holidays bring, I am planning on getting back to basics. Quick and easy meals will be the name of the game. Healthy whole foods is where it’s gonna be. Who’s with me? I’m starting with these simple Stir Fry Zucchini Noodles. The perfect light lunch or quick dinner. Low carb, made with healthy whole foods, gluten fee and oil free.
Plant Based Whole Foods Diet
When I first started Veggie Inspired, I wanted to show people just how easy it can be to eat a whole foods plant based diet. I brought you recipes like my Super Simple Burrito Bowls, Black Bean Salsa Burgers, Creamy Strawberry Peanut Butter Oatmeal, and Lentil Mushroom Tacos. All recipes that can be made in 20 minutes or less, all using whole foods, and all super flavorful and delicious.
We’ve had a lot of deliciousness hit these pages over the years since I posted those recipes. Some of my most popular recipes do take a little more time to make, but are sooo worth it! I’m looking at you Crispy Coconut Lime Baked Cauliflower Tacos. So, there will still be a spattering of all recipes here, from breakfast to dessert and everything in between, but at least for the month of January, I’m going to try to focus on simplicity.
I got a spiralizer for my birthday back in August (Thanks mom and dad!) and have just been getting around to using it. Now that I know how easy it is, I think it’s going to be a very well loved kitchen gadget.
It took me less than 2 minutes to spiralize 2 very large zucchini. These green veggie spirals are the perfect stand-in for noodles in this stir fry. More nutrients, less calories. Win-win.
Add in a few extra veggies and a yummy sauce and dinner is on the table in just about 20 minutes. If you want to bulk it up even further, feel free to add some baked tofu. I can’t wait to make other spiralized dishes too, so stay tuned!
Stir Fry Zucchini Noodles
I hope you love this easy Stir Fry Zucchini Noodles recipe as much as we do. If you try it, please come back and leave me a comment below with your feedback and star rating. You can also find me on social media. Be sure to tag @veggie_inspired and #veggieinspired so I’m sure to see it. Enjoy!
Stir Fry Zucchini Noodles (vegan, gluten free)
- 2-3 zucchini (2 large, or 3 medium) (spiralized*)
- 1 red bell pepper (cut into thin strips)
- 1 pint sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli slaw (I buy the pakcaged one from Trader Joe's)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 3-4 tbsp low sodium vegetable broth
- 4 tbsp Braggs Coconut Aminos (or Tamari or soy sauce)
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- sesame seeds for garnish (if desired)
- In a small bowl, whisk the cornstarch and vinegar together until smooth. Add the liquid aminos (or tamari) and maple syrup and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet or wok on medium-high heat. Add the vegetable broth and heat through. Add the garlic and sautée for 1-2 minutes until softened.
- Add the red pepper strips and mushrooms and sautée another 2-3 minutes until the mushrooms start to soften. If the vegetables start to stick, you can add another tablespoon of vegetable broth, but the mushrooms will give off their own liquid, so be sure not to add too much or you'll end up with mushy veggies.
- Move all the veggies to one side of the skillet and pour the sauce onto the other side. As soon as it starts to bubble, stir everything together. Add the zucchini noodles and broccoli slaw and toss to coat with sauce and gently heat through.
- Serve immediately garnished with sesame seeds, if desired.
More Clean Eating Vegan Recipes to Love: