Pumpkin Maple Vegan Cornbread – moist and sweet, this is not your traditional cornbread – it’s better!
This Pumpkin Maple Vegan Cornbread tastes almost more like cake than cornbread.
It’s sweetly flavored with pure maple syrup and I’ve added pumpkin puree and cinnamon to give it that warm taste of autumn. The top layer forms a bit of a sweet caramelized crust while the center remains soft and cake-like.
This fall flavored cornbread recipe is delicious alongside savory or spicy dishes or on it’s own as a snack.
Perfect for Fall
Cornbread is such a cozy, comforting dish, don’t you think? And with the addition of the pumpkin and warm spices, your house will be smelling of fall as this bakes in your oven.
It makes a perfect side on your Thanksgiving table, next to a big bowl of soup or chili, or even just a sweet snack for any day of the week.
Better for You Ingredients
Dairy free, egg free, oil free and made with whole grains, you can feel good about reaching for a second piece of this sweet vegan cornbread. And, trust me, you will reach for one!
Sweet Complements Savory
It comes together easily and quickly. From start to finish, it’s ready in about 30 minutes. Who doesn’t love a quick easy recipe like that?!
Pumpkin Maple Vegan Cornbread
I hope you guys love this Pumpkin Maple Vegan Cornbread as much as we do. If you try it, please come back and leave me a comment below with your feedback and star rating.
You can also find me on social media. Be sure to tag @veggie_inspired and #veggieinspired so I’m sure to see it.
Pumpkin Maple Cornbread
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk non dairy milk, pumpkin puree and maple syrup together until smooth.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk cornmeal, whole wheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt until combined.
- Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients while whisking until smooth.
- Pour into an 8x8 baking dish that has been sprayed lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until top is golden brown and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for a few minutes before cutting yourself a big piece and enjoy!
More Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes to Love: