Simple, classic fall flavors in an easy oil-free quick bread. Try this Apple Cinnamon Bread for breakfast, a lunchtime treat, an afternoon snack with coffee or tea, or even a dessert.
We are just a few short days from the official fall season. I’ve been seeing, and sharing, lots of pumpkin love already. But lets not forget about autumn’s other produce.
Apples sometimes play second fiddle to pumpkin this time of year, but they are just as versatile, if not more. Perfect for snacking, cooking, baking, all-the-things!
We visited our first orchard of the season last weekend and within days almost all of the apples were gone. The kids can’t get enough. I snagged the last couple and baked up this delicious, soft, and perfectly fall quick bread.
With only hints of cinnamon and no other spices to muddle the flavor, this Apple Cinnamon Bread lets the apples shine and really brings that classic apple bread flavor.
Your house will smell ah-ma-zing while this is baking, by the way!
Apple and walnuts are a classic combo that I used in this smoothie.
And, of course, who could resist the marriage of apples and caramel like in this bread pudding.
Ultimately, I really just wanted something simple – something that would let the delicious juicy apples shine. Something that would be perfect with a cup of coffee or tea, but also hold up to a quick snack all on its own.
With just a touch of cinnamon, this simple apple quick bread is autumn perfection.
I like to use tart apples to balance the sweetness. Liberty is our favorite orchard pick, but feel free to use your fave!
Thanks to the juicy shredded apples throughout, the texture of this quick bread is slightly more delicate than my other quick breads.
It’s soft and fluffy and sweet and oh so delicious!
I played around with the ingredients a bit when trialing this recipe and did come up with some denser versions, but this light and delicate apple cinnamon bread was by far my favorite.
Every bite just melts in your mouth!
My kids raved about it, too. They’ve taken slices in their lunch boxes and eaten more slices for after school snack. We’ve eaten a LOT of apple bread over the last week and I don’t see it stopping anytime soon!
More vegan quick breads
- Vegan Pumpkin Bread
- Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- Cranberry Banana Bread
- Cinnamon Butternut Squash Bread
- Vegan Date Bread
- Maple Cornbread
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do! If you tried it, please use the rating system in the recipe card and leave a comment below with your feedback.
Be sure to sign up for my FREE Newsletter to be the first to get my NEW recipes! You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest.
For even more easy family recipes, be sure to check out my cookbook, The Meatless Monday Family Cookbook!
Apple Cinnamon Bread
- ⅓ cup non-dairy milk almond, soy, oat or cashew, etc.
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1.5 cups spelt flour or white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup cashew butter
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup aquafaba
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups shredded tart apples about 2 medium apples – no need to peel
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9.25" x 5.25" loaf pan with parchment paper (or lightly spritz with oil) and set aside.
- In a small measuring cup, whisk together the non-dairy milk and apple cider vinegar and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the cashew butter, maple syrup, coconut sugar, aquafaba, vanilla extract, and non-dairy milk/apple cider vinegar mixture from earlier.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, whisking until just combined.
- Add the shredded apples and gently mix again just until combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Turn the loaf out of the pan and continue to cool on the wire rack for another 10 to 20 minutes before slicing.